Saturday, March 26, 2011

Earth Hour


Did you know that today, at 8.30p local time, the entire world is honoring "Earth Hour"? Who knew that when Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, that we'd be turning the lights off to conserve energy and do our part to be green and save the world?
Are you guys going to do your part to honor earth hour? I think, from what I understand, you have to sit in the dark for 1 hour. That's a long fucking time, if you ask me. I suppose if I burn a kerosene lamp, that's also defeating the purpose, right? I would think, anyway, because kerosene omits a chemical smell as it's burning...NOT good for the earth. 
So, yes or no, are you doing this to save our world? 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, missed it. But no, I would not sit in the dark for 1 hour as my kids would be screaming their heads off :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yeah, I can see why that would be more of a punishment than anything else. If you're wondering, I didn't sit in the dark for an hour either. I did, however, turn them off when I went to sleep, as I always do..

    ReplyDelete