Thursday, March 24, 2011

Banana Tree

Since the post regarding my "green thumb", I've had some requests for pictures of the banana tree. When I wrote that one I had yet to see any life in the banana tree because I cut it to the ground, as instructed. The trunk actually appeared to be rotting but I guess when I flooded it, like it was in a rain forest, it did something to wake it up because it's growing at a lightening speed. I haven't measured it day by day but I am positive it's adding 1-2 inches a day. It's insane!  
Since I'm proudly showing my green thumb off, I'm going to go ahead and brag about my cross vine. This one I planted last year and I was lucky if it had one bloom on it, at a time, and it seemed a bit dormant. This year it's growing like a weed and it's full of blooms!! WOOT! That's my vision working, baby. Yeah, baby! I did that too. lol. 
In case you can't see the hundreds (maybe that's an exaggeration but if I wasn't showing you a picture, I'd definitely use that term to brag. lol) of blooms, here's one that's a close up view..
Look, there are more blooms in waiting. WOOT! Vision, baby! 

5 comments:

  1. Impressive. That just goes to show you what wattering your plants can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my vision, I'm telling you it has nothing to do with me watering them. I'm doing nothing different this year, except I've entered into the spring with a vision of what I want my garden to look like... chalk it up to my 'jedi mind tricks' if you will, but it's vision all the same! Can I get a WOOT?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get two of them! WOOT! - WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan on adding four more of the cross vines to my garden this summer. Unfortunately, each time I've gone to the plant lady, she's not there and she hasn't stocked her nursery with plants yet. I guess it's because we're supposedly getting another freeze ... but I'm so ready to get moving!

    ReplyDelete