Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Randy, Thank you for my Windmill


Randy, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for refurbishing a windmill just for me. You are such a thoughtful and selfless man. You know my love of history and windmills and when you found this one in the eaves of an old barn you thought of me. You never hesitated and you knew that it would involve a lot of your time and still you climbed into the rafters and retrieved it and then you spent countless hours sanding it, pounding out the dents and then painting it. You didn't stop there though. You found out the history of it and you wrote it down, by hand, and mailed it to me in the crate you shipped out to Texas only after you had completely restored it. I want you to know that it means a lot to me that you would do that for me. Each time I walk out our front door I see it and it makes me smile and when someone asks about it, I tell them the story (even if they don't want to hear it). Randy, you are a good man. Thank you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment