Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sometimes it just Works Out

Last week was very stressful for me because we were involved in a wreck, just 4 hours after leaving for Tampa. Needless to say, we spent the week talking to the Insurance Company, patiently waiting for word on whether or not our Explorer was totaled and trying to make plans without knowing our options. I need a plan. It doesn’t matter what it is; whether it’s working on a project on the house, planning a trip or waiting on word from a disaster, such as the wreck. I need a plan. Since we weren’t sure how long it would take the Insurance to settle out and because we would have to buy a new SUV, a plan was next to impossible. So, what did I do? I worried myself silly and drove Devil insane asking him, “any word?” or my favorite question of the week, “So, when do you think we’ll be able to leave? We’re still going to be able to make it, right?” Yeah, Devil was ready to duck tape my mouth shut, I’m pretty sure.

 

Friday was very kind to us, I have to say. Our Insurance adjuster called to let us know that the explorer would be totaled out and they’d be giving us an X amount but needed us to overnight the title to the holding yard. As soon as they receive the titled, they’ll wire the money into our account. What a relief!

 

Saturday we drove 80 miles, one way, to look at an Expedition that we’d found on Craig’s List. It’s exactly what I had been wanting, even before the wreck. We had a Sport Explorer which was perfect four years ago when both of us were driving anywhere from 60 to 300 miles a day, each. Now that we don’t drive all over central Texas the Explorer isn’t what we need. It’s small and not exactly comfortable. The problem was that we had it paid off and didn’t want another payment, just yet. The Expedition that we found was not only in excellent condition, it was within our budget and we were able to pay cash for it, up front. So, we have the SUV I wanted and we don’t have a new car payment.

 

Sometimes it just works out…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment