Friday, October 15, 2010

Safety at its Finest

Yesterday we stopped by the garage to check on the progress of our truck and to see if they've devised a plan of action. I need a plan! While we were there, the mechanic, cigarette in mouth, poured gasoline from a water bottle directly into the engine. That's a sign of a good mechanic, if you ask me. Those who are good at what they do but don't always have the smarts to succeed without catching part of themselves on fire. It was so safe that I took 5 steps back just to ensure that my eyebrows wouldn't be burned to my forehead. The good news is that it started right up. WOOT! I can't say that it sounded "healthy" but at least it wasn't completely blown. They're working on pulling the engine out, checking the fuel lines and possibly rebuilding the engine that's in there now. That would save us time and money, considering we haven't even looked for one and we're running out of time. So, that's where we are right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment