Thursday, February 10, 2011

Old Man Winter...

...can kiss my ass! Holy fuck me, it has been incredibly cold for the past few weeks and it's pissing me the fuck off. Okay, now that I have that little outburst out of the way, I can get on with my gripe. We have been hit hard with below zero temps and 45 mph north winds which has resulted in freezing our water tap. It appears that everyone who lives in the hill country and/or on a well have had this same experience. If that's not bad enough we had a few water line breaks when it finally reached above freezing on day three. We're just not equipped for this type of cold weather. I mean, our February can be brutal with heavy winds and freezing rain but nothing like this. In fact, we finally had a 45 degree day just for another cold front to blow through last night. Unfortunately, we have one more night of freezing temps before we can expect some decent weather. Although, anything above 40 would be decent weather at this point. I have never been so ready for spring as I am this year. Not only has it been nasty and miserably cold but my house is a complete and utter wreck. The dogs have wreaked havoc, bless their hearts, and the water issue has left my floors and sinks in a muddy mess. Oh, and on top of all of that, my washer was busted for a few days so the laundry is backed up and I hate to even open that door...good lord, chaos is my friend right now and I'm sure hating my friend....
So, tell me about your winter weather misery...

No comments:

Post a Comment