Saturday, February 19, 2011

Handicap Parking

I know what you're thinking, this blog has turned into one of my long rants, but you'd be wrong! Well, kind of. It just seems like people are going out of their way to irk me. lol. You see, here's the thing, in the last week I've watched two different people, hauling ass through the parking lot and coming to a screeching halt in a handicap parking spot.
At Home Depot I was patiently waiting for Devil and a 30-ish jackass pulls in next to me, almost hitting the wheelchair post, gets out, without a limp, spends 10 minutes getting his kid out of the back seat and then walks into the store. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him! NOTHING! I was flabbergasted. He then walks back out, past the car, all the way down the aisle just to get one of those "toy car" carts for kids. He obviously was in no hurry (which still doesn't excuse it) nor was he handicapped in any way.
Last night we were at H-E-B (not pronounced as the word Heb, it's H-E-B) when a middle aged soccer mom, driving a huge ass suburban, pulls into a handicap spot and then sprints past me and Devil...SPRINTED past us. Then runs to get a cart, rushing past us again to beat us inside the fucking store. That's not fucking handicapped! It pisses me off that people like that abuse the system. It amazes me that they're not embarrassed! I felt like tripping her and giving her a handicap. I had a handicap tag for a couple of years for Dad and I never used it. NEVER! Usually when he was with me, I'd drop him off at the door and then park it, in a NON-handicap spot, or he'd stay in the car. We had it in case we needed it but we always left the designated parking for those handicappers who were alone and didn't have someone to drop them at the door. So, I'm baffled at people, my age, and obviously without a handicap, who feel that they can park there because they're in a hurry or are to fucking lazy to walk an extra 10 feet to the door.
There's my rant...I'll try to hold off on my next hostile rant so I don't wear you guys out...and believe me, I have more. lol.

5 comments:

  1. People abusing the handicap spots piss me off as well. I tend to stare at them, give dirty looks or repeatedly shake my head. Nothing gets through. I've concluded it's not a physical handicap they have, but strictly mental.

    Most times when it's people driving a big ass SUV, "retarded" may also apply. Not mental, but in the way they park to take up 2 spots. I wish those vehicles were equipped with some kind of trigger to know when they're illegally parked and explode on them. Maybe that will come in the 2013 models. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. here you can phone the police and they will leave an appropriate $85 love note on their windshield. I drive my bosses father to the doctor once month to get a needle stuck into his eyeball. I drop then off at the door and park the car in the handicap section because they both have earned the right to be there. I have got a number of dirty looks until I pull out the placcard and hang it on the rear view. People get the hint when I walk into the hopspital to wait with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! The eyeball in the needle thing...I could have gone all night without that image. My eyeballs have feeling, you know? lol

    I'm going to respond to your comments tomorrow..but thanks for supporting my blog. you guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would not believe how many people I see that miss use the "Handicap placcard". They use their parents or even grandparents placcard to park close. I do not have a placcard even though I am elligable for one. I figure as long as I can walk I can save a space for someone who can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Randy, your bosses father, along with mine, earned the right to park there. I've seen signs on some handicap parking that gives a number to call, unfortunately, neither of these parking lots had that sign.

    Bubba, I know what you mean. My dad needed a placcard for a couple years before he finally applied for one. He always felt that there were other people in worse shape than him, even though he had a walker..stubborn, is what he was.

    SM, they are more than retarded, they're self-centered and feel they can park there because they're important, to someone...being themselves.

    ReplyDelete