Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sole Survivor

I've decided that living in the country is dangerous to my health but I don't think I'd make a good "city" neighbor. I mean, I walk out in my panties, I complain if I see our neighbor, who is 5 acres away, burning fuel like it's FREE. I love it and could not live anywhere else but it's definitely not good for my health. The reason I say this is I find myself wanting to blow up every deer, armadillo and opossum that I see. That can't be healthy, the hate that I have for these creatures. I should be able to live with them in the country, right? I finally have figured out what plants the deer won't touch. I've finally, for the first time, started to have growth in my garden. Now that I have won the battle against the deer I have opossums eating my ferns and armadillos digging at the roots. I cannot win! However, that is much better than Devil's vegetable garden. It's been growing like a bunch of weeds and all of the plants were starting to bear fruit. One morning Devil walks out and the entire garden is gone! GONE, with the exception of one lonely tomato plant that has no leaves, just the stem remains. NOW he sees the problem I have had with the deer. They're pesky little fuckers! Unfortunately, while they were munching on his veggie buffet, they spotted my jasmine vine that was growing incredibly fast. However, they don't like jasmine. It's a bit too woody for them. I just wish they would have realized this before they ate the right side. 


So, maybe next month we will have garden fresh veggies.  

1 comment:

  1. That sucks. I know how much having a garden means to you.

    ReplyDelete