Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bittersweet

Today our niece has moved to California and we just found out she was moving yesterday. Thankfully our small town is on her way out west and she made the time to stop for a quick bite to eat and a hug good bye. She's always been a sweetheart and she's definitely old enough to make a big decision like that but I hate to see her go. However, I'm happy for her. I made a few moves when I was younger than she, and it devastated my family, so I certainly can't fault her. She's moving for a boy. A boy! Ack! This boy she's known for years and I trust that she's doing what's best for her, she is a smart one, after all, and it's time she spread her wings. I'm just selfish and wish that she'd spread her wings here in central Texas but at least I admit it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment