Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Humanity Fucking Sucks!

For the most part I try to stay upbeat with an optimistic outlook on things and, in general, humanity. However, today I am not even trying to hide my disdain for a certain class of people. While we were away, in Florida, we had a few items come up missing. Granted, it was our fault for leaving them out, but let me just say that our house sits back on our property. No one just accidentally takes a stroll up our driveway. Nor, is anything sitting out in the open for people to just help themselves. The two table saws, 1 of which was brand new, were sitting underneath a work bench next to the barn. Neither of which can be seen from the road. Neither of which can be seen from our driveway. The work bench and the 2 table saws can, however, be seen from the property next to ours, if they walk up to the fence and have a "look-see". My nephew kept an eye on our place but he wasn't here 24/7 and I'm sure that it was obvious to those who were alert and probably without work. I also know that the door to our pump house was found open a few times, meaning someone was coming and going. It just pisses me right the fuck off that someone has this feeling of entitlement. We work hard for our money. We've both been laid off during this recession and we've managed to find our own way. I'm not saying that whoever stole our tools is obviously without work and has become a thief, but those who probably stole it have been known to be excluded from the reputable part of society. In other words, they are pathetic fucking jackasses! 


I could go on but I'm going to save face and try to stop my ranting, for now. I would like to know what you think of this idea, though- I'm considering making a big poster regarding "A Thief Who Lives Amongst Us" and nailing it to the light pole at the beginning of our road. What are your thoughts?


People suck! 

7 comments:

  1. Aww Angel, that sucks. At least they didn't break into your house like happened to me a few years ago. They did $20k in damage and theft, including one of a kind stuff I collected. That was the house, a couple months later the broke into my workshop and stole all my tools, even rusty old rakes. They tried to break in the house again then, but the alarm I installed scared em off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cliff,

    Thanks for your post; I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'm sorry that you were ripped off, too. That's, by far, worse than a couple table saws. People just suck, I've decided. Maybe I shouldn't generalize that but today that's how I feel. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention, in my post, that I had a windmill that walked off about a year ago. We have a garden, with a waterfall and a creek that runs in front of our property. The place where the windmill was could only be seen from the property next to us, that also butts up against the barn. So, I think our neighbors are crooked thieving bastards who deserve to have karma smash them up side the head and cut off their hands, with my fucking table saw! Pffft! It's one thing to steal tools, but my windmill should be off limits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it sucks that people are stealing your stuffs. you can tell a bunch about their status by what was taken. things that are either being reused or pawned in the big city. Since you werent totally cleaned out, a casual thief did the deed. I slowed the thievery way down around here by the use of cameras. Hunting cameras can be set up and moved around, fake and real video cameras can be set up. The threat that their activity is being recorded will be enough to stop the casual thief. A professional thief is going to get your stuff no matter what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe the longer anchor stakes are in order to make sure this windmill doesnt go dorothy with the help of the 2 legged minions of the wicked witch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sucks that you're surrounded by such scum of the earth. What happened to neighbor helping neighbor? I think your sign should say "Property protected by Smith & Wesson"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Randy- I agree, it was definitely a common thief and he lives next door to us, I'm afraid. The place where everything has been taken can only be seen from his property. They also know when we're gone because they keep an eye on us, which tells me they also knew when my nephew was coming and going. I think I might pour a cement pad and use a heavy duty lock to attach the windmill too. I will be incredibly pissed if your windmill is stolen. Pissed enough to go snooping around until I locate it...I've also considered installing some kind of camera to keep an eye on the driveway, house and our barn...

    Outlaw- if it's our neighbor who is stealing from us, the "neighbor helping neighbor" doesn't apply. lol.

    ReplyDelete