Saturday, December 18, 2010

A White Christmas

I've always wanted a white Christmas.  I've lived in central Texas most of my life, but for a couple years I lived out west where they get snow. I always went home for the holidays. After I married Devil he took me to Missouri to visit my brother and his family, over Christmas. Would you believe that it was the first and only year that they didn't have a white Christmas? Even my brother, as much as he hates the snow, was hoping to wake up to a blanket of white but it turned out to be too cold for it to snow. I was so disappointed! Anyway, last year Devil woke me up so excited because it was snowing outside, in central Texas! I'm crawling out of bed, trying to not yell at him for waking me up, and he's pulling the blinds up to show me that it was snowing. I couldn't believe it and for about 30 seconds I thought it was actually snowing. Here's how he gave me a white Christmas: He took a picture of the window and using Photoshop he was able to put snow into the picture. Once he had that finished he took it to a print lab and had them make a poster that was the size of our window. On Christmas eve he went out into the 30 degree night to tape the poster to the window. He gave me my white Christmas. 
I have to say, I'm married to a very thoughtful man who, for whatever reason, loves me enough to take the time to do something so silly, just to make me happy. I bet I told at least 10 people about my white Christmas before the day was out. 
Anyway, that's my White Christmas story.

Here's wishing you all a very happy holiday season and I do hope that you're spending it with those whom you cherish and love.

XOXO,
Angel

4 comments:

  1. I always knew that Devil had a heart deep down in there somewhere. He must have watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas and taken it to heart, my lil Cindi Who....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you made me laugh out loud! I had to share that with Devil...who just chuckled and moved on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so thoughtful of Devil. If you two want a real white Christmas, you can always come up to Canada and visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is good to me, I have to say. Now that he has given me a white Christmas, I'm not sure that we'll head up north during the holiday's, but you never know. All I have to do is put a thought in his head and next thing I know, we're doing it...he's good like that.
    Thanks for the invitation, baby. Hope you have a very happy holiday season. xoxo

    ReplyDelete