Saturday, December 18, 2010

School Taxes

Tis' the season and school is out. Yesterday I was driving through our small town and what normally takes me 2 minutes took over 15 minutes because school was letting out early. I have to admit that I was a little irked when I realized the traffic back up was all due to the parents picking up their kids. I avoid our town between 3 and 430 Monday - Friday but yesterday I was on my way to a doctor and wasn't expecting it to be backed up at noon. So, here's my soap box. I pay property taxes, just like everyone else, but over $1500 goes to the school and last year there was an article in the paper about all of the new buses. I've noticed that all of the buses that go by our house are new and EMPTY! When did kids stop taking the school bus that we tax payers buy? It pisses me off that parents seem to think their kids are too good to ride the school buses when that's what we all did just 20 years ago. Not only that, but I have to pay out my ass in school taxes and for whatever reason the school has deemed it necessary to spend my money on brand new school buses that are empty!

1 comment: