Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Thanksgiving.

As crazy as it may be, my husband and I, along with his father and wife, her sister and brother-in-law and a few additional friends meet in Port Aransas for Thanksgiving. Most of us are all from the Austin area and see each other on a regular basis but we decided a few years ago that it would be neat to just get away when we all have a few days off, which happens to be at Thanksgiving. We load up our trailer with the smoker pit, wood, coolers and a few pots and pans and off we go. Devil spends the day smoking a turkey and making his famous mashed potatoes while my mother-in-law and her sister makes the stuffing and all the other fixings. I know you’re wondering what my contribution will be and believe it or not, my contribution is GREAT! I make the only thing I know how to make and that’s the Pumpkin Dessert. It’s not Pumpkin Pie, it’s much better! That’s not my only contribution, just so you know. I also bring table cloths and make sure the table is set and then I clean up the mess and believe me, there is a mess! None of the cooks in this family knows how to keep a clean kitchen! Pffffft! But, I never complain, usually, because I’d much rather clean up than cook. Cooking should be left to those who know how to do it and enjoy it. That would not be me.  
I’d love to know what it is that you and your family do for Thanksgiving..
Here’s wishing you a wonderful holiday, baby.
XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment