Monday, November 1, 2010

Motorcycle Ride, South of Tampa

We went for a Motorcycle ride, south of Tampa and it was a great day for riding. We followed the coast line down from Madeira Beach until we jumped on the toll road that took us over the Skyway. Let me tell you, that fucking Skyway has wicked history and it's a little bit creepy, not to mention 25,000 feet in the sky. Anyway, from there we hopped on I275 and then took one of the first exits and followed Kristine Cumz and Swamp Dawg down 2 lane roads through, what appeared to be swamp-like terrain, but I was told it was not. We stopped for a rest in the spot that is known to be the last Indian/American war which was very fascinating to me. I mean, just think about what that must have been like and how the area has changed so drastically since then. We sat under Live Oak trees that were covered in Spanish Moss which gave it kind of an eerie feel to the history story. lol. Anyway, it was a great ride and it was awesome to see part of Florida that is different from the cities that I have seen.
Oh, and in case I didn't get my fill of the Skyway, we rode over it again...this time it wasn't so bad because I was looking for the call boxes that I was told are at the top...for a reason...I'm not sure if I spotted them but it was still better than looking 48,000 feet down to the ocean where there's sharks and dead people. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment