Monday, September 20, 2010

Being Green

I’ve never thought of myself as a tree hugger but the older I get the more I tend to hug trees. The reason for this blog is we had breakfast in Jacksonville, a few months ago, at a restaurant that was surrounded by beautiful forestry and vibrant colors. There was a “gully” that ran at the edge of the trees and parking lot and there was nothing but trash from one end to the other. It makes me wonder more about where our trash goes when we throw it into the trashcan. With that said, I’m not even sure it’s from a trash dump site. It looks as though rains have carried it down into the gully when there was major runoff which makes me wonder if all of the trash is from polluters, which makes sense. It all ends up somewhere and it’s a shame that some people would rather throw trash out of a window rather than in a trashcan. I’m not saying that we should all be recycling, but please keep it in a trashcan. This system has been in place for a reason. Use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment