Thursday, May 27, 2010

What Memorial Day means to me..


Memorial Day isn't the day that starts summer, nor is it the day that gives me an excuse to head to the lake to drink like a fool. Memorial Day is the one day that we, as a country, actually stop to think about our freedom. It's the one day that, as a whole, we appreciate those who gave their lives and sacrificed their futures so that we could have one. Many never made it home while others did, but let us not forget what they ultimately gave. Their lives. I'm thankful for all soldiers, nurses, families and lives from past and present wars and those who pick up the pieces on the homefront while their soldier is away fighting for all of us. So, thank you for my freedom and right to live my life as I do.

XOXO,Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment