Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Orleans Style

I celebrated my birthday, New Orleans style with several very close friends of ours. We arrived the afternoon of the sixth and were lucky enough to meet up with Aimeelynn and her crew. It was just happenstance that we were in NOLA on the same weekend. We rented one of the oldest homes in the area for the weekend. Once we unpacked and made ourselves at home we freshened up and hit the streets. We stopped at the first bar that we came too where we had a couple drinks before making our way further down Bourbon Street. Devil wined and dined me, Cajun style. From there we made our way back to the first bar where the bartender promised a drink on the house. I definitely couldn’t say no to that! We managed to hook up with Aimeelynn and her eight friends and partied well into the night in the French Quarter. I have to say, she’s someone I met several years ago and ihere we had a couple drinks before making our way further down Bourbon Street. Devil wined and dined me, Cajun style. From there we made our way back to the first bar where the bartender promised a drink on the house. I definitely couldn’t say no to that! We managed to hook up with Aimeelynn and her eight friends and partied well into the night in the French Quarter. I have to say, she’s someone I met several years ago, in New Orleans, and we’ve met several times since and she’s always just as fun as she was during that first meeting. The rest of our weekend in the Speak Easy was spent with our closest friends from Austin. They drove all night to arrive early Friday morning. We had a great time in New Orleans and I have to say, I’ve never celebrated my birthday and to have friends around me this year was a great way to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment