Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot

It's August and it's historically our hottest month of the year. With that said, it's been a long summer, even here in Texas. Granted, it's not near as bad as last summer when we hit 100+ from March through September, but it's been hot since April and I've decided for the first time that I'm ready for winter. We had a very cold winter last year and it was nice and we were hoping that it would make for a milder summer but it hasn't. Thankfully we've had a lot of rain and our yard is beautifully green. There's so many projects that I want to do but it's just too hot to do them right now. But, this fall I plan to be busy outside. I'm going to possibly create a new garden area. I know what you're thinking and you're wrong. I've found several plants that deer don't eat and the garden that I already have and had struggles with is starting to expand with beautiful things. My next garden is going to be in a grove of trees with a fence around it if I can convince my husband that it'll make me happy. I also plan to reorganize my laundry room and put up a clothes line.

What are your plans for the fall season?

No comments:

Post a Comment